Write to them! I think I’m okay with that. Make sure to keep it appropriate.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- twitter: https://twitter.com/aceweek
- facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aceawareness
Remind them of their mission value:
Privilege exists in many forms (race, class, gender, sexual orientation, ability, body shape, health, etc) and we strive to check various privileges at all available opportunities.
Other things you can maybe do:
- I don’t know if anyone really does buy from their store, but please refrain from doing so!
- Also refrain from donating!
- If you participate in Asexual Awareness Week, don’t hand out materials made by this organization, especially if they ask for donations!
- Spend your Asexual Awareness Week listening to aces of color about serious issues like murder, street violence, and police brutality!
- Spend your Asexual Awareness Week writing about your experiences as aces of color and flood the #aaw and #asexual awareness week tags!
- Consider donating to any number of Q/TPoC organizations this Asexual Awareness Week that support queer and trans youth of color, especially in cities: slrp.org / alp.org / fiercenyc.org /qdep.org